Full Building (Structural) Survey
The RICS Building Survey is a more comprehensive inspection of a property reported in a style to suit the property and your specific requirements. It’s suitable for all properties, especially:
- Larger, more complex, high value buildings
- Listed and older properties
- Buildings, of any age, constructed in an unusual way
- Properties you plan to renovate or alter in any way
- Properties that have had extensive alterations.
It examines all accessible parts of the property. You can ask to have specific areas included, so it covers any particular concerns you have about the building, and can be tailored to the property and your needs.
A Building Survey might include details of:
- Key defects and what they could mean
- The possible cost of repairs
- Results of damp testing on walls and ceilings
- Damage to timbers – including woodworm and rot
- The condition of damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (though drains aren’t tested)
- Technical information on the construction of the property and the materials used
- The location
- Recommendations for any further special inspections.
A Building Survey doesn’t include a valuation nor an insurance re-build costing, but these can be provided separately.
It's important to check with us what is included, and what is not, particularly if you have any concerns or things you specifically want us to check. For example we do not check for invasive species such as Japanese Knotweed, nor do we cover specialist AV and M&E installations as these are highly specialist items. If you are in any doubt about which will be the most suitable survey for your property, please call us and one of our surveyors can talk you through the survey options to ensure that it meets your requirements.
We are totally impartial, we have our client's best interests at heart and will advise accordingly. Most importantly we are not trying to sell you anything other than carefully considered, no nonsense property advice.
Please contact us for a fixed price quote.
Typical turnaround times: 3 weeks from instruction.